Baw Baw Shire Council is offering free green waste drop off days at selected transfer stations in October to make it easier for residents to prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
For Erica, Rawson and Walhalla: Erica Transfer Station, Sunday 13 October, Noon to 4:00 pm
Free green waste drop off days and locations
Neerim South Transfer Station
When: Sunday 13 October from 10am – 4pm
Where: Neerim East Road, Neerim South
Erica Transfer Station
When: Sunday 13 October from 12pm – 4pm
Where: Mathiesons Road, Erica
Lardner Transfer Station
When: Sunday 20 October from 10am – 4pm
Where: Simpson Road, Lardner
- Drop off up to 3 cubic metres per household.
- Available to all residents, both owners and renters.
- Bookings not required, simply present ID as proof of residency e.g. current driver’s license or rates notice.
- Must be delivered in residential vehicles and trailers (commercial vehicles will be charged at the standard rate).
- Green waste must be separated from other waste or it will be charged at the standard rate.
For more information about this offer please visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au/FreeGreenWasteDropOffs
For more tips on how to prepare your property for the fire season, please visit the CFA website at www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/clearing-trees-and-vegetation
Quotes attributable to Mayor Cr Mikaela Power
“Fire season is fast approaching and we want to encourage all residents to get their properties prepared. Mowing, trimming tree branches and reducing overgrown shrubs are great ways to reduce the risk of fire. That’s why we’re offering free green waste drop off days at transfer stations across the Shire: to make it as easy as possible for residents to do their yard work and dispose of the waste before the fire danger period begins.”